Saturday, September 21, 2013

Visiting Family!!

Today I am spending the majority of my time with my family. But first I did my 20 minutes cardio as I'm trying to get back into that routine. I then headed out to visit family, but I had to stop by my local post office to pick up a package that they couldn't leave at my mailbox. At first I thought it was another birthday gift as it was coming from Amazon, but instead it was a car seat that I had purchased a week ago for my nephew. He's at the age and weight where he no longer needs a baby seat and I figure I'll be taking him places so I should get him a "big boy's" seat.

My brother was having a small get together with his friends but I was also visiting my Dad as I haven't seen him in a few weeks. It took me a bit longer then expected.. just over two hours but when I walked in the front door I was greeted by my nephew and niece smiling faces.. they wanted to play.

I immediately started playing with them. They introduced me to their new fish named after them of course and then we started to play cars. About a half hour later Molly wanted to go back down stairs to mom so I took her down. And figured this would be a good time to say hi to Dad and see what he was up to. Dad asked if I wanted to go to lunch, but I said Mike was bbqing hot dogs and burger but Dad wanted to take me out for a birthday lunch and who am I to argue. So we went to P.F. Changs. We had a very tasty lunch and then we drove to Toy's R Us as my Dad wanted to do a bit of shopping for his grandkids.

After shopping we headed back to Mikes and the party was in full swing. I like most of Mikes friends so I sat around and talked with some of them for a few hours. Around 7pm I said my goodbyes and started my journey home. Luckily for me the traffic going home was alot lighter then coming and I was home by 8:30pm.

I jumped on LOTRO for an hour before calling it a night and watching some Simpsons before bed time.