Thursday, September 26, 2013

Minions, Firefly & Starships

I came across a few geeky topics today that I wanted to share with you all. First up a is a shirt from ShirtPunch, if you don't know what Shirtpunch is it's a 24 hours $10 tee website. I've been really trying to resist buying any shirts. Though they are only $10 they can add up pretty quickly. But when I saw this one and it combined two of my favorite things I couldn't resist and had to purchase it. It combined Minions from Despicable Me and The Big Bang Theory. And a plus it wasn't a black shirt. I try and avoid black shirts unless I can't live without it.
Sample Page 1 (click to enlarge)

Even more exciting news.. I reported this news last month but there is a bit information about the upcoming Firefly comic book series. According to Comic Book Resources, Dark Horse Comics is launching a "Firefly" comic book series called "Serenity" that will take place after the events of the 2005 movie. Better yet, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" artist Georges Jeanty will be behind the comic.

Sample Page 2 (click to enlarge)
The writer of the comic book series has not been announced yet, but for now fans can tide themselves over for the anticipated release with a first-look at the story's art, courtesy of CBR.

The new "Serenity" comic book series will begin with Mal and his group recouperating from their attack on the Alliance. CBR writes, "With River Tam in the co-pilot chair and a very pregnant Zoe reeling from the death of her husband, Wash, Mal is finding himself and his ship in greater danger than ever."

And the last thing I wanted to share was this AWESOME poster someone created with a comparison of scifi/fantasy ships (yes I know not all of them are there), but there are plenty of them from movies, TV and video games. I've seen many posters like this but not one so extensive. You can check out the full size version HERE. Just click on the image on that page and get the full 3985 x 4442 version. It's pretty amazing.

Lots of cool geeky things to check out!!

Are you excited for the new Firefly comic book as much as I am? Leave your comments below.