Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Day At Disneyland

So I needed a break from the world today and since I already have a season pass I decided to head to Disneyland. Joining me was my buddy Brett. Since I crashed at Robert's last night it only took me about an hour to get there. I got to the park a little after nine and met up with Brett at the shuttle area. We had planned to go to DCA (Disney California Adventure) but it didn't open until 10am and it was 9:30 when we got through security. So instead we decided to go to Disneyland first and luckily we did as the park closed at 5pm because they are preparing to Halloween the place up as tomorrow is the first day of the Halloween season at Disneyland.

First up was of course Star Tours, no matter who I go to Disneyland with we always seems to agree to go on Star Tours first. After Star Tours we headed over to Space Mountain but as we expected it was closed (for the Halloween refit) so we headed over to Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters. After that we grabbed a Corn dog for a late breakfast. We then rode Pirates of the Caribbean, Indiana Jones Ride, Tea Cups and Finding Nemo Submarines. While in line at the Nemo Subs one of the cast members saw me in my Mike Wazowski hat and as most folks do he made a comment, we banter back and forth for a minute and then he said I deserved this and handed me a button "Honorary Citizen of the Disneyland". Come to find out that they don't hand these out to often.. so that was cool. After the Subs we went over to Autotopia before getting on the train and heading to the front of the park.

It was time to head over to California Adventures. First ride we did was my favorite at that park Tower of Terror, then we rode Radiator Springs Racers. We did the single rider line but as luck would have it we got in the same car. After racers we did Toy Story Midway Mania, it's another favorite of mine and it's normally over an hour wait but I think we waited like 20 minutes or so. After Midway we had some Mexican food which was just okay and kind of made me not feel so well. We sat around the Pier area for a bit to let me stomach rest. An hour later I was ready to go but wanted to take it easy so we jumped on The Little Mermaid ride then did Goofy Sky School. Next was Symphony Swings, then the Ferris Wheel and by this time Screaming was open so we got in line for that. Again lines weren't to bad all day.

We then went on Soaring over California, this is not a ride I do that often so that was fun. We then did Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, which Brett had never done... it's actually a really fun ride. We then debated on doing Luigi's Flying Tires. This was the longest line we stood in the entire day and I haven't really enjoyed the ride since they removed the beach balls but with Brett's help we really got our tire moving and it actually turned out to be a lot of fun. And for our final ride of the day was Monster's Inc ride. Again the line was long for this one but we figured since Disneyland was now closed, everyone was coming over to DCA.

It was now 7pm and we were tired.. we rode 20 rides in a matter of 9 1/2 hours... not a bad day. It was great just hanging with Brett enjoying the magic that is Disney. 

I got home around 9pm and instead of picking up some fast food dinner (which was my plan) I actually made me a sandwich for dinner and went to bed around 10pm.