Monday, September 2, 2013

Saying Goodbye to My BFF

Today was Chris' last day here. After today I won't see him for at least seven months as he is being deployed to Kuwait. We got up and just hung out, enjoyed each others company. We were going out to lunch with a group of friends at noon so we left my place around 11am.

We got to the Olivia Garden and soon were joined by Jes, Dallas, Red, and Jen. We ate, talked, laughed for about two hours. At 2pm we had to say goodbye to the group and head to the Burbank Airport for his flight at 3:15pm.

Got to the airport and pulled to the curb to drop him off. Of course I had to get out to give him a final hug. I hugged for as long as I thought he would be comfortable with. Believe me I could have hugged him for ten minutes.. I didn't want to let him go. There were no tears, I told him I loved him and that I would be talking to him in a few hours (when he got home).

Got back into my car and took one final look as he walked into the airport terminal. About a half hour into my drive home the thought of not being able to see him for seven months hit me and the tears started flowing. This will be the longest that Chris and I have been apart since we met. I know I have it much easier then he does, since I'm in Cali and have friends surrounding me but it doesn't make me miss him any less. I just hope those seven months fly by.