Friday, September 20, 2013

iOS7, Painting & Birthday Gifts

Got up this morning and did my 20 minute cardio. I then continued to try and update my iPhone with IOS7 but again kept getting an error.. after an hour my buddy Robert suggested that I try updating it over wifi. I started to download the new IOS directly to my phone and it would take about three hours as my internet is crap, this meant I couldn't leave my place as I needed to get to Lowes to buy more trim paint as I ran out. Instead I did things around the house to kill time.

The download was finally done and I applied to to my phone and viola it worked. I now have IOS7 on my phone.. of course it's going to take me a while to figure where everything is.. this update is a major change to the IOS system but I like what I have seen so far.

I  did make it to Lowes and purchased more paint stripper for my deck and another gallon of trim paint. When I got home I painted more trim around my house and garage. I think I'm about 99% done. Gonna do one more pass but I think I'm ready for the main painting of the house... woo hoo.

I've set another due date for me and I really need to keep this one. I'm hoping to have all the painting, deck sanded and stained, inside of the house super cleaned and touch up on the walls all done by the end of October so I can finally put my house up for sale by November 1st. I think it's doable and I might even be able to get it done sooner.

I also got another birthday gift in the mail.. this one was from my buddy Josh. He got me the Rankin-Bass "The Hobbit" cartoon. Being a huge Middle Earth fan you would have thought I would have seen this but I'm not sure which of the cartoons I have seen so I'm looking forward to watching this. He also got me Dungeon and Dragons part 1 and 2 on blu-ray... these movies tend to get a lot of flack but I love them.  And he also got me a Star Wars book called Vader's Little Princess.. it's the second book in that series, the first one being Darth Vader and Son. I loved the first one so I can't wait to read the second one. Thanks Josh for the awesome birthday gifts.