Thursday, September 5, 2013

LOTRO, Deck Work and RGQ: Fav Cartoon

Woke up this morning and jumped on LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) to get my daily Hobbit gift and surprise, surprise.. they have begun the Farmers Faire Festival. I spent the next four hours (it felt like ten minutes) finishing up all the quests. I played it with all four of my characters to get as many Bounder Bounties (another new things to collect). I did manage to finally pull myself away from my computer to work on other things around the house... like my deck.

I went to Lowes to purchase some paint stripper thinking that this would be easier then trying to sand it all down. It somewhat works but still requires alot of elbow grease, it wasn't the easy fix I was hoping it would be. I worked on the deck for about an hour before coming inside and inventorying a few more boxes of action figures.

I posted another Random Geek Question: This time I asked...What was your favorite cartoon growing up & why? Not to many commented on Twitter but we got a really good conversation going on Facebook. It's funny because of all the different age differences, folks favorites varied from Wacky Racer (1968) to Muppet Babies (1984) to Dexter Laboratory (1996) and everything in between. I think I've seen about 2/3d's of the series that folks said was their favorites. Alot of people couldn't just give me one or two or three.. they gave me lists of favorites. :)

As for me, my favorites growing up in the 70's were Super Friends, George of the Jungle, Super Chicken, Josie and the Pussycats, Loony Tunes and of course Scooby Doo. But I watched cartoons well into my teens and for that matter I still love watching cartoons even today.. Ones that I loved from my teens, Gummi Bears, Snorks, Smurfs, Muppet Babies, Star Wars Droids & Ewoks and Dungeon & Dragons.

So many great cartoons when I was growing up... I watch today's cartoons and honestly they are pretty horrible, with a few exceptions of course. They're nothing like the classics from the 70's and 80's