Saturday, January 8, 2011

I had a lucid dream and I wasted it doing Interior design?!

" A lucid dream, in simplest terms, is a dream in which one is aware that one is dreaming"


Yes. I had a Lucid dream. It was awesome!


I don't know if anyone else has ever had a lucid dream, Usually what happens is you look at a purple monkey dancing around your living room, you know, flinging poop onto your solid gold piano whilst you stand around in your underwear and you think "Hold on a second... Something's not quite right with this picture. Am I dreaming?"


And then you wake up. I've done this a few times (Albeit, without the purple monkey) and I find it incredibly annoying. I think to myself that I could've made Pink turn up and start singing and had Brad Pitt (in his "Fight Club" era) over for a nice picnic.


But no. 


I wake up and realise that I've bitten off half my pillow.


My lucid dream last night was different, I looked at something in my Grandma's house and said "Wait a minute, that's not meant to be there! We've never had a cabinet there! THIS IS A DREAM." And I stayed asleep.

And do you know what I then do, fully aware that I'm dreaming?



I go about the house, changing the furniture.


And then I forget that I'm dreaming.


Like Mal. But I don't have to commit suicide to
realise that it was all just a dream.

Yes. I could have been running around a hotel, in a spinning hallway, in anti-gravity conditions, but no, I decided to be an interior designer. That sucks.


Other than that, today's been amazingly boring.

Watched "Trainspotting" though, brilliant film.



Didn't glamorize drug use. Didn't try preaching that taking drugs is bad for you. Just showed you what happens when you take them.


SPOILER (Highlight to read): The scene where the baby dies is heartbreaking. It's one of those scenes where you can't help but emote in some shape or form. Whoever played the Baby's Mother was great, she was a druggie too and after screaming and crying over her baby's death, she asked Renton for a hit. Sad.


Don't get me wrong, this film is TRAGIC. It's humourous at times too, but this is definetly a film about the consequences of drug taking. Again, I stress that it doesn't turn around and say "Don't take drugs". In fact, it says that drugs are "better than sex" and that you would have to "Take the best orgasm you've ever had and multiply it by a thousand" and you still wouldn't be close the feeling the pleasure you feel when you're on the drugs. 


But after the credits have rolled, you are turned off of drugs. You definetly don't crave them. This feeling is NO-WHERE near as strong as the feeling of repulsion you get after watching "Requiem for a dream". I have no words for that feeling. I got really disturbed after watching that film. It's fantastic, although I swore to myself that I'd never watch it again. It's one of those films. The type that you'd only want to watch once. The type that you NEED to watch once. 


Trainspotting had one of the greatest opening lines though:
"Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f*cking big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of f*cking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f*ck you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f*cking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, p*ssing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f*cked up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?"
Brilliant.

Ah well, night night!



Lauren xxx