Monday, February 28, 2011

Screenplay

Yes. I haven't officially made a statement for this (Amazing how much of a celebrity I'm feeling like right now) but I'm attempting to write a screenplay.


Actually... I'm attempting to write three.


With five Highers... It's not happening.


I just add little bits and pieces to the scripts when I feel like it, or at least, when I can add something to them.


Rundown of the scripts:


Everything's going to be okay


Can never describe this one...


Basically, it's a social commentary on the hardships of teenage life. The major issues affecting our generation being teenage pregnancy, drug addiction, alcohol abuse, depression and self harm. It's a "Valentine's Day", "Love Actually" type direction, but with the genre being drama instead of rom-com. It revolves around (for the most part) three students and their Guidance teacher, who attempts to help them overcome their problems and enable them to do whatever it is they want to do with their lives.


Let's just say, there's a twist, and lots of people won't like it.


Anna


For the lack of a better name... Still haven't really titled it.


This is the script I'm focusing on most at the moment, based on the work I did for my blog post on pro-suicide websites, but this time focusing on pro-ana (Pro-Anorexia) vlogs (video blogs).


I've written a few scenes for it. Or rather... A few soliloquies for Anna's character. I'm pretty proud of them. It's going to be written around anorexia and it's roots, what triggers it? What is the day to day life like for an anorexic person? It's also going to be about depression and self harm.


Not going to lie, Pink's video for "F*ckin perfect" influenced me.


Blood stained snow


My "treat with caution" piece. Too nervous to write it incase I go wrong with it.


Going to take a different view point on the "standard" school shooting movie. Instead of having a homicidal, gothic maniac terrorising fellow students for, from what the viewer can tell from the movie anyways, no reason, my screenplay would try to create a sympathetic villian out of this character, which creates a conflict of morals in the viewers mind. 


See why I'm nervous about writing that one? I don't want to mess it up and end up offending people who have lost their Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters, Friends, Boyfriends, Girlfriends, Fiances or Partners in school shootings. I swear that's not what I'm trying to do.


Ooh. Four if you count the new idea I've got... a comedy about evil henchmen, where the henchmen are the protagonists and "Agent Blonde" is the antagonist.... with cheesy lines when he crashes into the lair.


What up.


Just had to share that with you all.


Oh! And Happy March.


Lauren xxx