Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dreams.

Dreams.


Those wonderful subconscious phenomenons.


Who knew that our mind could make such awesome movies?


Alright, I'm leading you astray, I'm not here to talk to you about those images you see nightly when you are in the land of nod, no, I'm here to talk to you about those very concious dreams, that fuel our every desire in the 'real world'.


Everyone has one.

To become a millionaire.

To become a famous singer.
To become an actor.
To fall in love.
To climb Everest.


You know what, how about you tell me yours.


Mine's is quite simple: to do what I love.


I still haven't decided what that means yet. I want to photograph everyday things in a new light, I want to make a movie that has a message so powerful that it burns an image onto the viewers brain, I want to write something that gives someone confidence to be who they are or do what they love, I want to wake up on a beach one morning, staring into the sunrise, surrounded by my closest friends and wonder: what did I do to get this lucky?


And I know that this (whatever this is) has to be my dream, because I close my eyes and I can quite happily say, that what I'm viewing makes my very soul grin in quiet contentment. And if you can do the same, then congratulations. 


You've just found your dream.


And if you haven't? That's all right. You've got the rest of your life to discover what your dream is. Don't rush it. It'll come to you, in time.


My advice, simple as it may be, is to follow your dream. Whatever it is, however stupid, or impossible it may seem, keep following it. Sometimes, it lands in your lap, but more often than not, you've got to work for it. And that's okay. Because working for your dream and finally achieving it is the most fulfilling feeling that you will ever experience. You will appreciate it. Believe me.
It'll be worth it.


The only thing standing in your way is you. Procrastination is NOT your friend. Neither is time. "I'll do it tomorrow". "I'll do it the next day". "Maybe next week".


If you can do it now, then do it now! Why wait? Making a crappy introduction to your novel is better than making no introduction to your novel! Staring at a blank page is going to get you no-where. Words can be erased, changed, altered, but imagination, creativity and inspiration cannot. Write something. Anything. Who knows, it might just give you the inspiration you need.


Just, whatever you want to do, do it. It doesn't have to be today. Or tomorrow. Or next week. But just do it. Please. I don't want anyone to look back on their life, filled with regret, thinking what could have been.
"Today is the oldest you've ever been yet the youngest you'll ever be. Enjoy this day while it lasts"
Don't waste it.