Friday, February 25, 2011

Beware of You.

I'm not going to lie... I've had the pictures and words prepared for this blog post for a few weeks now but I haven't had the guts to post them.
Beware of you
Any Paramore/Hayley Williams fan out there should be somewhat aware of this phrase. It's Hayley's motto for life.
"BOY means “Beware of You”… Be aware of your power. We have the choice to live positively or in our own destruction"
It's true. Of course it's true. We have power, and choice, freedom and liberty like no other generation before us has had. Compared to our Parents, and our Grandparents, and our great Grandparents, we have the biggest chance of happiness and survival than ever before. 


And yet, what's happening in this world?


We are choosing to live in our own destruction.


Turn on the news, and everyday, you can see genocide, wars, terrorist attacks, global warming, child labour, child cruelty, prostitution, drug abuse, alcohol abuse, suicide... so many things that we as individuals cannot control...


But think of this. We are not responsible for society's actions as a whole, but we are responsible for our own, and we are responsible for influencing the choices of others. You have the power to peer pressure someone into drugs. You have the power to influence someone into getting help. But you have to choose yourself whether you are going to use that power for good, or for evil.



I've had to heavily adopt Hayley's motto over the past few weeks. As most of you already know, I suffer occasionally from severe depression. I don't think you realise how bad sometimes, that's mostly because I don't want you to know how bad I can get. I try to refrain myself from tweeting or blogging about it, after all, who wants to here about the depressed little emo child and all of her petty problems?


So, I feel quite isolated. All I have is my words, my imagination and my music. That's all you need sometimes. 


I've just pressed the shift key down, contemplating whether or not I can tell you all what's the deal with me right now. But I don't think I can.


I can tell you that "Beware of you" means a lot to me though, I know that I have the power to stop feeling this empty, I have the power to go and get help, or at least to help others and prevent them feeling the same way. 


I want to be a photographer, or a director... hey, I'd settle for doing something in writing or design. I want to have a bunch of really good, close friends and have some-place that I can call my own. The only thing that is stopping me... is me. And it's the same for you.


You want something? Go get it. Stop saying "It's too difficult" or "It's never going to happen". That just means that you don't want it bad enough. 


And please, don't blame your addictions or mental conditions on other people... You can get help, you have will-power, you can say no, I am stronger than that. 


There are seven billion people in this world. But you are the most important.


Yes. YOU.


Because if you died, that's it. Gone. One mind less, one world less.


We would lose an individual. Your talents, your achievements, your loves, your hates, your imagination, your words... everything. It would just be gone. And there might be a heaven. There might be an afterlife. That pain... that unbearable pain in your heart? That might go away. But should you really take the path to self destruction to discover whether or not you'll end up with eternal peace and tranquillity?


Beware of the voices in your head. 90% of the time... they are speaking a load of crap. Choose to be positive, or choose to get help. Just remember that we all love you, and that your view of the world is unique. Don't throw it all away.