Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Sold Out: A Threevening With Kevin Smith



I guess it would be fair to say I'm not a Kevin Smith fan, I have really enjoyed a couple of his movies, thought some others were OK and was bored stupid by Dogma.

Something I did enjoy was the previous two volumes of An Evening with Kevin Smith, they were funny and genuinely interesting but this third volume didn't do much for me at all, the behind the scenes tales from Die Hard 4 while mildly amusing in places were pretty much what I would expect from a big budget Hollywood production.

I guess this time around it just felt like Smith is running out of stories to tell which is a little shocking to me since I would think that Hollywood is the kind of place that would be an endless source of amusing stories to tell but apparently I was wrong or at the very least maybe I was expecting too much.