Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ambition sucks.

Ambition can cause one of two things.


One) You will strive to succeed, therefore you will get good grades in school, which will enable you to go to University, meaning you will get a good job, and make lots of money. Money means you can get a nice house and buy a private island just South of the Bahamas.


This could be yours.
Two) You strive to succeed, therefore you put too much effort in at school, leaving you isolated and depressed. You end up with no friends, but a really great job. You end up murdering the King, and your Best Friend and eventually die because of your tragic flaw.


Did I get influenced by who?
MacBeth?
Nope. Never heard of him.

I am a incredibly weird person. As anyone that knows me can tell you, I am a very lazy character. I'll sleep through the Morning, my PJ's are basically my uniform and everything is left till last minute.

That being said, I'm also terribly ambitious. I don't want to be a good photographer, I want to be a brilliant photographer. I don't want to get five Higher passes, I want to get five Higher A's. I don't want to land up in a dead end job, I want to be a director. Or an animator. Or a photographer... anything that is hard to get into, that is what I want to do.

Lazy and ambitious do not go well together. You can't be bothered to do what you need to do to succeed and yet you get all annoyed with yourself when you didn't get what you wanted/knew you could do. 

This is my problem.

I got my report card in from School today. Was only recommended to take one Advanced Higher, and that was for English.

Rewind back to June last year, and that's what I would have least expected for AH recommendations. 

But there it is in black and white. Mrs Fulton believes in me.

That feels good.

But it's kind of a hollow feeling.

Because I would NEVER take on Advanced Higher English unless it was:

a) Taught in my school.
b) Taught by Mrs Fulton.

And I don't think it would be taught in my school so...

EH-EH.

I think that I can get an A in Human Biology... I just need to work at it.
I think that I can get an A in Art... I just need to finish the folios...

I should probably stop blogging and start revising right now, huh?

*sigh* Ambition sucks.

Lauren xxx