Sunday, March 13, 2011

I hate my subconscious mind.

Who's with me on that?


Seriously, you go to sleep every night (possibly even in the daytime if you're a fellow napper) and your brain starts making you promises that is highly unlikely to ever happen.
"So first, there's this giant, mutant
 marshmallow. And it's terrorising 
you're town".

"Of course, everyone's freaking out
about this"


"Being the hero you are, you pwn that
marshmallow. Batman style"

"Then you time travel (Because, you have a 
delorean and you can) back to 2003..."

"Boom. Create Facebook a year before that
Zuckerberg kid".

"Back to the present and I assume you'll be tired
so you can have a little nap on your pile of money"

"Oh, and you're going to marry him."

And, of course, that's not going to happen. Marshmallows don't eat people, dolorean's don't time travel and sleeping on a pile of money just isn't practical. 

So here's where my favourite quote ever comes into play:
"Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up that we realise that something was actually strange."
Extra respect points if you can tell me where that quote came from.


So, back to why I hate my subconscious mind...


It fooled me, once again, into thinking that my dream was real. Now, don't laugh at this because I honestly thought for a minute that this was feasible.


I can't remember how I got there, but I was sitting on the second row at the back wall of the AECC.


S3 row 2 then.

And I was watching Paramore perform. But not Hayley, Jeremy and Taylor. Not even Hayley Jeremy, Taylor, Zac and Josh. But old, old school paramore.

I.e. Hayley and a bunch of dudes that look as
 though they are going to murder her 
and then eat the flowers they are wearing.

TIME TRAVEL
Check.

MAKE UP A CONCERT THAT NEVER HAPPENED AND ATTEND IT
Check.

Happily jumping about to Paramore anyways, even if I was raking my brain trying to think who the hell the other dudes were.

Then, boom, Hayley jumped off stage, came the back bit and was like:
"I know, you guys up at the back never get any love."
So I got a hug. 

GET A HUG FROM A CELEBRITY
Check.

It was at that point where I told my subconscious brain directly:
"Please tell me that I'm not dreaming... Nope. This must be real."
Got out of the concert, look to my left, and see Drake from Drake and Josh being squished under a stampede of screaming fans. And get buried under a swimming pool.


WITNESS A MURDER
Check.

WITNESS A MURDER AND NOT GIVE A DAMN
Check.

Can't remember what happened after that. But I woke up in my bed and grinned. 
"I GOT A HUG FROM HAYLEY!! Wait... I just woke up in my bed... How did I get there?! *can't remember* Ohhh you're kidding me..."
Even worse?
"I time travelled and got a hug from Hayley whilst watching Paramore... Why does it sound so stupid just now but feel so real?!"
As said... I hate my subconscious mind. 


Lauren xxx