Saturday, March 5, 2011

Please don't leave me!

Getting really freaked out about how little time we all have left in school.


The 6th years are going to be leaving soon. As are quite a number of the 5th years. And what will happen?


Most of us will lose contact with one another.


Which, hurts quite a lot to think about. That someone that you see almost daily, someone that could be such a huge part of your life could just... vanish. Into the realms of reality. You could easily still see them, in all honesty, there's no excuse, but life and petty excuses just seem to get in the way.


In the space of a year, so much has changed.


A year ago, I wasn't aware of some people's existences. 
A year on, I can't imagine a week going by without speaking to them.


A year ago, all my best friends were still at school.
A year on, almost all of them have left.


A year ago, I was ignorant to everyone's problems.
A year on, I can't escape from them.


You see, when you here "365 days", you think that it sounds like a very long time, but in reality, it goes by very quickly, and it can change so much.


I'd like to think that I'd keep in touch with quite a number of the 6th years, but I have this horrible feeling that I'll only keep in touch with one or two at the most. I don't want that to happen, but I have a feeling that is what's going to happen.


The thought of having to say goodbye to them all makes my eyes water. And the thought of having to sit in classes with some of the monsters in fourth year right now? That makes me want to leave school all together.


I am being genuinely honest when I say to you that there is not a single sixth year that I do not like. Actually, there's not a single fifth year that I do not like either. The senior years for 2010/2011 mesh perfectly, but sadly, it is coming to an end.


No more skittles in maths.
No more feathers in Art.
No more talks about drug use in English.
No more pokemon references in Psychology.
No more questions about tentacle rape in Study.
No more lesbian rabbits in Human Biology.


There's only two outcomes for our relationships when we leave school:


We all lose touch, whether or not we planned to keep in contact or not.
We all stay in touch, and hopefully make some friends for life.


I'm hoping for the latter.