Thursday, August 22, 2013

Strawberry Jam and Ginger Nut Cheesecake

Big geeky cheesecake fan here!!! Yes I am. So why not make a very simple, presentable cheesecake?! 

Well yes I am going to! I own another cookbook called "Nosh for Students" by Joy May... It's a very old edition that I had bought over 10+ years ago, and have recommended it to friends who have no idea about cooking even if they are not students!!! I think I have bought 3 editions for 3 individuals and that includes Mr Games and Mrs SweetTooth!! ...

I have some strawberry jam (not being used) on the side. I have concentrated lemon juice in the fridge not being used. All I need is a pot of double cream, fresh strawberries and cream cheese!! Plus some sugar, I used sweetener instead... So here's some pictures with full instructions below...

Ingredients:
- Half a tub of cream cheese (any brand)
- 1 third of the Double cream (if using a small pot add half)
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon juice (concentrated) or more if you want it to settle really hard
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar or Sweetner
- 5 Ginger biscuits
- Strawberry jam
- 2-3 Strawberries
- Big spoonful of butter or margarine 

The ingredients

How to make in pictures (for one big pot for one person):

1. Take the 5 ginger biscuits and place into a plastic bag and seal. Crush the biscuits using the base of a bottle or a food can or rolling pin.
Crush those biscuits!
2. Melt the butter into a saucepan.
Melt the butter
3. Add the ginger biscuits into the pan, and mix well until it is all clumped together.
Mix the butter with the biscuit crumbs
4. Leave to cool for one minute and add into a plastic pot or suitable container (I have used a plastic container to show you what I've done for each layer).
Place biscuit mix into a pot
5. Put the cream cheese, double cream,  sweetner or sugar and lemon juice into a bowl and mix well.
Mix the cream cheese, double cream, sugar and lemon juice

Mix it well!!
6. Once mixed place on top of the ginger biscuit mix that is already in the container, and flatten (if possible!).
Place the cream cheese mix into the container

From the side

7. Add some strawberry jam on top, and decorate with the fresh strawberries.
And now decorate with the jam and fresh strawberries

Refridgerate it!
8. Place in the fridge overnight then eat it! 
Close up of the top

I think it only keeps for one day... so eat it quickly!! ^_^ Easy right?!