Monday, August 26, 2013

Bank Holiday Weekend in Ramsgate - Day 1

Finally! It's the Summer Bank Holiday Weekend! And the best way to spend it is by getting of London for a couple of days. ^_^

Miss Pinky and I promised we would take Master H to the beach for the bank holiday, I think it's for his holiday report for his school. (I hope his school hasn't asked him to write another 50 word report again - our last summer trip was in Legoland, Windsor XD). We were supposed to stay with a friend who had retired and went to Broadstairs but unfortunately that didn't happen due to her daughter's engagement party. :( So in the end, I had to quickly find a hotel or a B&B, but there was nothing in Broadstairs!! Oh, how unfortunate!! Everywhere was booked up... But I chose to book somewhere nearby... as in either Margate or Ramsgate. In the end I chose the Travelodge in Ramsgate which I will blog about in another post...

Our train ticket was to go to Broadstairs as I had already bought the tickets before I was told we weren't staying there, but we decided to get off at Ramsgate. I think it would've been the same price to go there, so I'm sure it wouldn't have mattered.
At Ramsgate Train Station

Inside Ramsgate Train Station

So it was a bit of a walk to get to the seafront and the hotel we were staying at but it was definitely worth it. The walk from the station to the seaside is about 25 minutes for a fast walker (or maybe a shorter time).
Passed an ASDA along the way to the Seafront!

At the start of the high street
We were very near the beach when we got there, but Miss Pinky wanted to find the hotel to rest. And I said I would take Master H back out for an hour whilst she had a rest. 

Loads of boats in Ramsgate!

An event going on 

Map of Ramsgate

Lots of seafood!
I took Master H back towards the area where a lot of games and stalls were placed (pictures above). 
Went into the Family Arcade... Lost £1 playing games...

An American band setting up
And this is the band a bit later playing some music...

Hehehe!! Love this!!
Then we spotted the sea and I took Master H there. I think Master H has never been near the sea before and he was ultra scared of the water. Hehehe. So I walked towards the sea bent down and touched the water. It was super cold! Master H followed and in the end he overcame his fear of the small waves!

We started walking around on the beach taking pictures of birds and people. 
Lots of seagulls waiting for food to appear!

Lots of seaweed about!

Lifeguards station

Some people about on the beach...

We were throwing stones into the sea
We even wrote in the sand!
I am The Geek!! ^_^

Seaside moment :)

Tall monument


Finally we went towards the high street. We saw this small waterfall and took some pictures...
A very small waterfall feature

Can you see the waterfall?

If those buildings weren't there I would have a good view of the sea!

Went into the sweet shop first! They sell a lot of American candy / sweets / chocolate and chewing gum!! I didn't realise there's a shop in Ramsgate that sells this stuff... (all candy and chocolate fans need to find this shop!!) Wow :) I even bought a small packet of M&M's mini cookies which I will blog in another post!!
Lots of candy!!

Inside Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe

Lots of American Sweets

Jelly Belly!!

Outside the shop ^_^
Master H wanted a toy and so we went in search for one. Unfortunately it was a bit late, most of the shops were about to close and he didn't get the one he had wanted. Master H got a bit stroppy with me. Kids! I spoil them and then they get moody with me. I told him there is always tomorrow... Good grief. It was a long hour of moody Master H!
We went into Wilkinsons, and spotted a pigeon! Can you see it?
Got back to the Travelodge and Miss Pinky was fast asleep! But we woke her up and we started watching TV and deciding what to eat... And I told her about her brother's moodiness! 

In the end he did say sorry for being moody... And we all went downstairs and ate our dinner in Travelodge... The last time I went to a Travelodge (the one in Edinburgh) they ran out of lamb shank. This time I got what I wanted. Miss Pinky had a peri peri chicken and gave a bit to Master H. Master H had the spaghetti and meatballs which was on the kid's menu... And then it was dessert time... It was all very filling. We were allowed to eat it upstairs in our room too! (Pictures will be in the post about Travelodge Ramsgate Seafront... coming soon!).

Finally it was time to go to bed. We went to bed really early! Unfortunately it was really noisy outside... There are some bad karaoke singers out there! :P

End of Day 1.