Monday, August 5, 2013

Filming withdrawals

You can't take filming away from me.

Taking filming away from me is like taking a child's favourite toy from them and throwing it off of a cliff. Or... you know, a simile that doesn't venture into hyperbole. 

Basically, the point of this post is to tell you that I want to do something. I want to create something... I'm just not sure what that 'something' is.

My problem is that I procrastinate. A lot. I have at least eight scripts that I have attempted to write and forgotten about, their icons sitting on my desktop like orphaned children. There's a partially written novel there too, which I'm desperate to finish because it probably contains some of the best writing that I've done to date. T-shirt ideas? Got 'em. Artwork ideas? Too many to count. It's frustrating because I can't seem to find the will to get them finished, or even started. 

That's why I need college. 

The structure keeps me sane.

Anyway, I've been adding bits and pieces to two scripts recently. They couldn't be more different to one another. One is a drama piece on grief and guilt. The other is a potential comedy web-series pilot.

I just need to stop writing this, and start writing one of those!

Does anyone else have a problem with procrastinating? 

Lauren xxx