Tuesday, August 6, 2013

DIY Bubble Tea

After reading @kevvieguy's experiment on making bubble tea (post is here, and the post he recommended is here), I also decided to give it a try! I'm a big bubble tea fan, and to make my own instead of going to the shops is a definite bonus... I spend too much these days on eating and drinking out, and not enough time making my own things...

So I kind of copied @kevvieguy, but changed ingredients as I was being lazy...

I bought this instant Thai milk tea (I actually don't know what flavour it is), and the black tapioca pearls (I couldn't find the coloured ones in my local store)...
Thai Milk Tea and black tapioca pearls
I cooked the pearls first for 5 minutes as instructed, drained them, and then I added honey instead of making my own syrup... Lazy Geek!! :) (I estimated the amount of pearls needed here).
Boil those bubbles!

Nice and glossy :)

Almost ready..
Then next I added the instant tea into a glass, added some cold water...but then I think it didn't dissolve too well, so I added some hot water, then re-added some cold water...

And then finally I added the tapioca pearls that were soaking in the honey...
DIY Thai Milk Bubble Tea
I didn't have a big straw and so I used a spoon and scooped them out to eat... Wow, chewy! Next time, if I'm craving bubble tea, I will make my own!! :D

Then the next day I made this one using instant Vietnamese coffee :D
Using Vietnamese coffee

DIY Vietnamese Bubble Tea

Ingredients:
- Tapioca pearls
- Instant milk tea (or any ice tea drinks you can make or buy)
- Water (cold and hot)
- Honey (or sugar to make the syrup to soak the tapicoa pearls)
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Big straw (purchasble in China Town)

How to make... instructions as above... too lazy to rewrite it all...  :P