Sunday, May 6, 2012

My first blog...

My name is Andrea. I am 28 years old. I am a Business Analyst for an Insurance company. I see my position with the company as the bridge between IT and Operations. I thoroughly enjoy my job, however as every job it comes with its challenges. My IT team is 100% male and the insurance industry is primarily male with the average age of 55+. As a young, women it can be difficult to establish the creditability required to succeed. Education along with hard work and dedication are a must for anyone trying to survive in this position.My blog will be about women in business, women in technology, uses of social media, technology & marketing, computers, software, project management, and whatever else strikes my interest at the time. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I hope to enjoy writing it.Please feel free to comment, share your experiences and request any related topics you'd like me to explore.