Monday, May 6, 2013

Hawthorne Suites by Wyndham/Love Field Airport - Dallas, Texas

Before I move onto the confectionery that I bought in Dallas (will be in a future post), I'm going to first post about the hotel Miss Pinky and I stayed at.

First of all, it is in a very good location. It's located about 25 minutes by car from Dallas Fort Worth International Airport and about 10-15 minutes depending on traffic from Dallas Love Field Airport. Not a bad location at all.
Outside Hawthorne Suites
The apartment / suite they gave us was very satisfying!! There were two queen beds as I had requested in a non-smoking apartment. One bed was downstairs (the bed below is the one I slept in) and there was one upstairs, but Miss Pinky asked me not to take a picture until later (when she tidied up!)...

Downstairs bed
So here's the stairs instead.
The stairs
There were two bathrooms!! Two!! Wow. I feel like I'm in someone's house. Didn't take a picture of Miss Pinky's... She was too busy telling me not to take pictures...
My bathroom area
We had a small kitchen, but I forgot to take a picture of that. It has a microwave. An electric stove with an oven. Kitchen sink. And there was a massive fridge and freezer. You can even make ice in the freezer by pulling the lever up. An ok kitchen, but it needed bigger pots and pans. A toaster is available, as a coffee machine... But there's no kettle!!

Here's the desk by the door.
Desk by the door
And here's the outside near the entrance. There's a free shuttle service which you would need to notify the reception an hour ahead or the night before, that you need to use it. They only cover a 5-mile radius. So find out where you need to go first!!

Parking area

The shuttle

Bus stop 526 - there is another one further up the road
Food there was not the best I'm afraid even if it is free. I advise to actually go and find food. American breakfast is not my thing. Biscuit, sausages and egg (scrambled or boiled). Waffles you have to make yourself... And they also have cereals! The coffee is the best stuff they've got by the way. I think they have a routine of what they serve for dinner every week, like pizza on Monday, pasta on Tuesday, fried chicken on Wednesday. Main dinners are served only on Monday's to Thursday's. You will need to find food from Friday to Sunday!! If you like walking I advise to go to Pappy's or the McDonald's... It's about a 15 minute walk to either place! Otherwise take the bus or a get a taxi.

Wi-fi was excellent! But you may have to enter the password from now and then. So remember the password!!

Laundry service - there's only 2 washing machines and 2 dryers. Washing machine costs US $1.75 and drying costs US $1.50.

Parking is free I think and there's a small swimming pool plus a tennis court!

So all in all, it was a satisfying stay. The noise level was a little bad. We had some noisy weekend stayers partying, mockingbirds that would not be quiet throughout a few nights (use ear plugs), and you will also get to hear a few toilet flushes from somewhere! all the piping is connected.

Also house-keeping is usually every 2-3 days... So don't expect a clean apartment after you have been out all day long...

Buses: 404, 526 and 527
Nearest train station: Inwood / Love Field (take the 404 or 526)

Address: 7900 Brookriver Drive, Dallas, TX 75247 United States
Telephone: 1-214-688-1010