Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Best Laid Plans...

So I started my day on a schedule.. woke up around 7:30am. My schedule didn't start until 8am. So I jumped online and read twitter.. I noticed that LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) tweeted that they were starting their Spring Festival 2013 in game today. So I went to check it out. Figured it would be like their 6th Anniversary celebration last month but instead of a just a few new "special" quests, there were 30 to 40 new quests taking you all over Middle Earth.. it was pretty awesome but was not in my schedule for the day.

I debated on even starting the quests as I knew if I started I would have a tough time stopping. Also alot of the quests were timed so once you started you couldn't stop until they were complete. Well I started at 8am and didn't come up for air until around 2pm when my buddy Chris joined me.

I took a break as I needed to run a few errands, eat lunch and vote. Well the voting thing didn't turn out so well. My normal voting place was not doing it this time around and I never got anything in the mail saying where it was going to be. So I looked online and for my address the official site said it did not have a polling place for me so I wasn't able to vote :(

I did pick up what I needed and grabbed some lunch before heading home. I started LOTRO back up around 4pm and played until 8pm before calling it a night.

Of course I feel guilty not getting anything on my schedule done like I wanted to. But I haven't done a full day of gaming in quite a while and sometimes you just need it. The schedule I made for tomorrow is pretty much the same for today but I added "rewards" so when I finish a task like editing my next KOTG podcast I can take an hour to play some LOTRO.  So will see how this works out tomorrow. I can't keep delaying all this stuff I have to do.