Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013

We made it guys. 2013 is here!

Personally, I'm pretty excited about this fact. My friend Michelle however? Not so much.
MICHELLE: Now I've got to remember to write 2013 instead of 2012? I'll never remember that!
She'll come round to the idea... eventually.

Anyways, I hope that you all had an enjoyable New Year's celebrations, and that it will only mark the first of many amazing nights that you will experience this year. 

If you've been following this blog closely for a year or two, well... you deserve a medal.


Couldn't find a medal, have a sticker instead.

But other than deserving a medal, you may remember that I don't do New Year's resolutions. I do New Year's aims.

Let's have a look at how 2012's aims went before looking forward to 2013's...

Main aims 
  • Pass driving test
  • Pass exams
  • Get a job (I tried my best to get a job, but my efforts only got me rejection letters.)
  • Learn another language (This aim didn't go well. Or 'go' at all in all honesty.)


Daily/monthly aims
  • Go to the cinema at least five times a month (I saw 37 films in the cinema this year, instead of the intended 60)
  • Blog daily or at least three times a week
  • Do project 365 again (Gave up very quickly)
  • See Michelle, Megan, Kristina and Kelly at least once a month
  • Spend more time with Halle (Out of all the aims I didn't do, this is the one I regret the most. I miss Halle)
  • Be vegetarian for a month (One word: Chicken. Which is both what I am for not attempting this, and the main reason why I didn't)

Other aims
  • Have a beach party (I did push for this to happen, but no-one wanted to, until it was too late in the year to have one)
  • Set off a paper lantern (Again, was planning on doing this one at the beach party that we didn't have)
  • Send a message in a bottle (Always wanted to do this... don't know why I didn't. No excuses! *hangs head in shame*)
  • Go to and review at least ten gigs (Nine. I REVIEWED NINE. So close)
  • Tie-dye with Megan (Ran out of time I guess)
  • Buy random presents for people to show them how much they mean to me (No job = no money to do this, I do regret not doing this however)
  • Go to another Paramore concert
  • Get a hug from at least one member of We Are The In Crowd (First time I saw them, they were mobbed. Second time I saw them, it was getting late and I had to run to meet my Dad)
  • Meet someone truly amazing
  • Go on a road trip (No car to do this! Sad times)
  • Play yahtzee with Paramore (Didn't know I was going to the gig until the day before it, so I didn't get a chance to apply for a M&G)
  • Finish the "You Are Not Useless" project (I attempted to do this, but it's just a complete write-off, which truly does make me sad)
  • Write a whole film script or book
  • Give blood (Wimp. That and, haven't been feeling that great since about October, so I thought I'd wait until I was feeling better again)
So... umm... not that well. Seven out of twenty four aims complete. Oh, that really is pitiful.

No matter. I'll just try to do better next year!

So, drum roll....

2013 aims!

Main aims
  • Get a job
  • Finish the book I'm trying to write
  • Make a short film
  • Learn a new language (for real this time)
  • Attend a festival (film/music)
Monthly/weekly/daily/regularly updated aims
  • Keep a 2013 jar. Write down all of the good things that have happened to you over the year on a piece of paper and put in the jar. Open it on the 31st December 2013.
  • Tell the people in my life that I love them more often
  • Visit ten restaurants I've never been to before
  • Be vegetarian for a month
  • Do project 52
  • Complete fifty aims from your 101 in 1001 list
  • See at least fifty films in the cinema
Other aims
  • Give blood
  • Have a beach party
  • Set off a paper lantern
  • Go on a road trip
  • Leave nice messages behind for random people to find
  • Play penny can with Ashleigh
  • Go for coffee with Christie (because you did promise)
  • Go to see a TV show being filmed live
  • Do, make or visit thirteen things/places that you saw on pinterest
  • Have a picnic with friends
  • Meet one of my idols
  • Start up the charity spotlight page you've been planning for the blog
  • Interview someone you admire
Let's hope I'm more successful this year than I was last year.

All the best for 2013 guys! Hope it treats you well.

Lauren xxx