Saturday, December 8, 2012

Port Board... Row House update...

Well here is the latest update to my Row Houses for my Port board. I have done a little more on the previous section. Now I am starting to frame in the next section. I have also realized that I am in desperate need of some wood working skills and some wood working tools. This is the first real project I have tried to do more wood carving. I am finding it very enjoyable. Open a whole new door for me. I find myself struggling to find the happy ground for detail. I want enough detail that it looks good but not too much that my board never gets done or I get burned out on it. I am going to start applying this to more of my stuff. I have enough of my buildings not done that I can add a little to them. Questions, comments and critique welcome.

Also any suggestions welcome too. I am always willing to try and add suggestions and ideas.


To see more click link...


The the post on this door I had a bead that looked pretty cool and gleaned the idea from it. I am going to make a trip to the bead section on my next trip to the craft store. I have some ideas for some beads I have seen in the past. Hopefully I can pull it off.

I this divider I was just doodling and cam up with that. Nothing major just something to separate the sections.


I just changed the angle of the light so the feet would show up on the little creature door thingy.


Cheers,
John...