Wednesday, December 12, 2012

If you're not Scottish I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but not knowing the taste of IRN BRU ain't one

It's stupid, but I genuinely get upset when I think that there are people out there who have never known the joy of sipping on an ice cold IRN BRU.

And by ice cold, I mean an IRN BRU that has been left outside for a few minutes, because Scottish weather is usually means that the outdoors shares the same temperature as your freezer.

Going to try to keep it short and sweet. I finally got to see Florence and the Machine on Sunday, with Sara and Sarah.  

I reviewed the gig for Flares n Seagulls, which you can read here.

I recommend clicking on the link, not for my review, but for George's amazing photos of Florence, which you can find at the end.

It marked my last gig of 2012, and what a gig it was. It helped to remind me why I love going to gigs and concerts so much. There's something about live music that just embraces your soul. You know that there are people in the audience that are going through rough times, and you know that there are people in the audience that are going through great times, and no matter what your race, or your beliefs, or your sexuality, you've got one thing in common: a love for the band/artist who is on stage. 

It sounds so simple, but it's strangely comforting for me to be reminded of just how much of a unifying force music is. 

Going to sign off with this.

It's a video of Florence stopping a fight during Sunday's gig, and then hugging a girl who got upset by the violence. 

Lauren xxx