Monday, November 19, 2012

The Fast Five! Day 1

So, my buddy over on Scotty'sworkshop.blogspot.com is currently doing a series of posts about painting up 5 Dwarven Miners in 5 days.  I loved the idea.  So much so that I grabbed 5 of my Rackham Warriors of Avaggdu (who count as Marauders of Chaos) and decided I'd try something similar.
Granted I thought trying to finish FIVE figs in five days was going to be near impossible... especially for me. :)  Anyhow I decided to give it a go.

Day 1


First things first I grabbed my figs... Luckily they were all primed... albeit not very well... but primed none the less.  (As you can see I laid a base coat down on one of these guys months ago... never got around to finishing him up though)
I started out with a thing I like to call "Five Step Flesh"


 

 


 "Five Step Flesh"


Step 1: Begin with a Citadel Foundation Tallarn Flesh base coat. (My favorite flesh base... sadly they don't make it anymore... anyone know what the new equivalent is... throw me a hint in the comments :) )













Step 2: Citadal Ogryn Flesh Wash.  Heavily apply the wash allover the flesh of the figure. 

















Step 3: Highlight with Citadel Foundation Tallarn Flesh.
Here you want to cover most of the flesh, especially any raised portions, muscles etc...












Step 4: Wash with Citadel Wash Asurmen Blue/Tallarn Flesh.  Here I grabbed a blue wash and mixed it with the base coat.  I wanted to add a bit more depth to the flesh and more of a cool tone to the figures.  Again I heavily apply this wash in order for the shadows to really darken.











Final Step 5: I come back and highlight again with Tallarn flesh.  And there you have it a simple 5 step flesh recipe that will produce a pretty nice result.  Perfect for making that unit of Marauders or Doomreavers really pop! 








 

 

Stay tuned for the next installment... (I'll give you a hint... I was really motivated to finish these guys and well... Day 2 may be the final installment :) )
Any questions, comments, critiques, anything, please feel free to drop me a line in the comments.
Thanks for Watching!!

-Grim