Thursday, November 22, 2012

Everything is tits down at the moment

"It's all gone tits up."
My friends and I have been analysing this slang term all week. I blame my law lecturer, Alex, for starting this off.
ALEX: Everything is going tits up at the moment.
ME: Why does it always go tits up? Why never tits down?
JIM: Or tits sideways.
ME: I'm changing this. Everything is tits down right now. Or at least, tits sideways.
Yesterday, I was talking to Sara about the same phrase:
SARA: Surely tits up is a good thing, because it means that you're wearing a good bra.
ME: Precisely! And tits down would be a bad thing, because that means that you're dead.
Then you have other strange phrases like "I'll be a monkey's uncle" or "I paid through the nose", which make even less sense. Can you even be related to a monkey? Like, you're calling your niece or nephew a primate who hurls their own crap at people? That's savage. 

And I cannot ever recall witnessing a shopper paying for his or her items through their nose. Unless I've missed some big medical advancement, but I don't think humans have the ability to sneeze money...

Although, imagine if people did sneeze money...
"You've got the flu? Quick, sneeze on me! 
MAMMA NEEDS A NEW FERRARI."

Been a slast week this week. That's when a week has been simultaneously fast and slow, and the only way your brain has of dealing with this information is to create a hybrid word. Slast. Tell your friends.

We've been informed that we're going out filming next Tuesday. Our group (Katie, Joanna, Shelby, Danny and Other Dean) is doing a parody of a tourist video for Aberdeen. If we manage to get the right shots, it should be pretty damn awesome. 

Production meetings consisted mainly of reminiscing about blow-pens and watching as Shelby does her impression of a superhippo named Derek.

I had to pause and nod because I'm really unsure how to follow that up...

Sound class was interesting today. This conversation between Jim and Ryan probably made my day:
RYAN: *to Jim* You know, you can take off your jacket...
JIM: I know, I want to keep it on. It's a fashion statement, not that you'd know anything about that(!)
RYAN: Your Mum seemed to like it(!)
EVERYONE: OOOOOOHHH!!
JIM: ... Pssshhh. Psshhh. I got nothing. As someone with a fashion sense, what do you think about this outfit?
RYAN: *camp voice* It's lovely! I mean... it's nice. *manly voice* You know, it's a'right.
Ryan, for those that aren't aware of it, is our sound lecturer. He's too bloody cool.

He sent us off to get a few more foley sounds for a fight video, so we split up into two groups... boys vs girls. 

And we both decided to retreat to the place we feel most comfortable... which seems to be the toilet.

Don't even ask.

Last week, Ryan was given into trouble because Dean's group began to scream in the disabled toilet.

Adding this to the '101 reasons to love my college class' list.

Lauren xxx