Monday, September 3, 2012

Howling at the moon... Part 3

Well this weekend I planned on doing more painting than I have been able to squeeze in. That is life sometimes.

I really didn't have a plan for the paint job other than I wanted a light color for the skin just in case I wanted to throw some tats on there. I also wanted a different color for the hair. I thought of when my mother painted some pine trees and there was purple in the bark. So why not? The hair came together by treating it like the rest of the figure. I would just do the washes over top of the hair too. Then when it came time I mixed some purple in the dark brown to create a wash. Then I just went from there. Added variations of purple to the mix and it turned out like this. Then I wanted something to make the skin pop and thought of red. So there you go. There is red on this guy and it turned out not bad. I am going to put one more highlight on the red after taking these pictures. Just doesn't pop enough. It looks good in person but the camera is brutal as always. The hoofs will be close to black along with the horns. I am getting to the detail and sometimes with figs that slows me down. Well if you have any comments fire away.



My daughter swiped one of my light sources for pictures. I was too lazy to go and get it. This isn't the final shot anyway so eehh.
John....