Thursday, September 13, 2012

Windsor-Heathrow Marriott Hotel - The Geek Gets Lost

I hate getting lost! (I think I've mentioned this before when I went out egg hunting)... It's so time costly! :( 

So why was I at Heathrow, Langley and almost Slough? I've just been on a residential course with the OU and I'm sure I did my research on how to get there, but I got lost because 1. I got the wrong hotel as there are two in the area. 2. The bus drivers weren't that helpful - I got more of the passengers to help me out! And 3. It wasn't indicated on the OU information sheets... :(

So where is the hotel you say? It's in Langley, which is in between Heathrow and Slough. It's called the Windsor-Heathrow Marriott Hotel. So if you're going via public transport - it's very difficult to get to! But here's how I got there... After arriving at the wrong hotel on Bath Road, I was told to get the number 81 bus towards Slough, which I did, but the problem was that, whilst on the bus, there was no sign or stop to say Marriott Hotel / Ditton Road! So I was a few stops down the road already, and had to get another bus back. This time I asked the bus driver where to get off... But he actually didn't tell me (because I think he was going to tell me to get off at Bath Road again!!!!!!). The passengers were the only ones who knew the area well enough to tell me where to get off... Thank you people of Heathrow, Langley and Slough! So once again, I had to cross over to the opposite bus stop and get another bus (number 77 - the 81 was taking a long time) - it was only one bus stop and I had to pay £1.80 :( ... Just to let you know, there is no direct bus from Heathrow Central Bus Station.

I finally got there after 3 hours of travel (when it should have been 2)!... So I was VERY late... But not the last person to arrive as the hotel receptionist told me! ^^ 
Windsor-Heathrow Marriott Hotel on Ditton Road, Langley
The en-suite room
Bathroom

It may have been a challenge to get to the hotel, but at least I had dinner (only 15 minutes of it).
Mini-Shepherd's Pie with veggies
Here's my breakfast the next morning...
Fry-up breakfast
Bowl of fruit ^^
My lunch. Can you tell what it is? The picture is all blurred...
Noodles, cauliflower, roast potatoes and I think there's fish cake
My worthy dinner... (all the vegetables were taken!).
Lamp chop, fish with a pepper sauce and a stuffed pepper with cous-cous
I didn't take a picture of my final breakfast (it's the same as above but with mushrooms), and I forgot to sign up for the final lunch! 

So now it's on with revision. My exam is in a month's time!! 

Geeky information:
Hotel Address: Windsor-Heathrow Marriott Hotel, Ditton Road, Langley - Slough, SL3 8PT
Telephone: 01753 544 244

How to get there by PUBLIC TRANSPORT (this is not on the hotel's website):
1. If you are arriving from Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3, the best way to get there is actually go towards Bath Road  from the Bus Station (Bus 105, 111, 140, 285). I suggest getting off at New Road, cross the road and get the number 81 bus. Then get off at High Street Langley bus stop. The hotel is on the left hand side as you get off... 
When going back to the Tube Station (Terminals 1, 2, 3), get on the 81, and again stop at New Road, cross the road, but this time take the 105, 111, 140 or 285 to Heathrow Central.

2. From Heathrow Terminal 5 - get the number 77 bus (but unfortunately you have to pay, because they don't accept Oyster cards). Then you get off at the same bus stop - High Street Langley!!


View Larger Map