Sunday, September 23, 2012

Howling at the moon... FINISHED!!!

Finally done. Better late than never I guess. At least I am not the last one. This was a fun project. I went in phases on this guy. At times I tried a few new things. Other times I just wanted to get it done. I wish I could say I was consistent on this one but I was not. My schedule is brutal right now. But I made a commitment. I just wish I could have hit the deadline date. Anyway here it is. Any questions or comments fire away.

Oh... the idea behind this one is that this is a sacred warrior site where tribute is left in one way or another. Sometimes the tribute would be given by another from a fallen comrade. I know, too much thought. He is morning the loss of a fallen warrior... too much thought again?
John...
SEE MORE PHOTOS....
I doubled up the horn. Made two ax blades. Extended the weapon handle. Added the chain. Added the hair at the end of the ax. Added the beard. Put a ring in one of the horns. Added the skull on his waist. The left wrist was cut out a bit to add more arc to the knife to give more affect of the howl. Added the spikes on the back of the ax. Then made the base with slate.
Cheers,
John...