Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Chirstmas spirit (HINT: It's not Mulled wine)

Ahhhhhh Christmas.


Thought I'd do a little list of things that need to happen for it to be like Christmas.


Or things that I relate TO Christmas.


Whatever, this blog is X(mas) Rated.


TRADITIONS

The tradition of getting at least one pair of socks as a present from your Aunt Mabel.


The tradition of your Mum burning the turkey and taking a "minor" freak out.


The tradition of doing a little snow dance on Christmas Eve to ensure you get the white Christmas you've always dreamt of.


And, of course, the tradition of spending the entire day with the people you love.


And, of course, this woman:


Your majesty. 
Bear attacking your majesty.
Eveeeeeening.

Films/TV shows

Dr Who is always a popular choice...
Until... you know... Daleks went all Hippy on us.

What can I say? Friends holiday specials are still amazing.
Who can forget the episode with the turkey!?

And, of course, the soaps. Where the atmosphere is NEVER merry.
How can you forget Archie Mitchell's death?
Even the snowglobe freaks me out!

Grease...
 Why is it on EVERY year?!

This is seriously on every year.
But I'm not complaining!

Classic. This should be on much more often.


But you know what I REALLY want to watch this year?

Na na na na na na na na BATMAN!

Daaaaaamn. Could the drawer make him any more ripped?!

He looks like Arnie on steriods...

"You have reached Arnold's Bulging muscles. I'm not available at the moment but don't worry.... I'll be back. Leave a message after the beep."

Yeah.

Batman Begins is on over the Christmas weekend, can't wait! Been waiting for ages to watch that movie. Christopher Nolan is my hero!

SNOW

I'm sorry, I know a lot of you are getting sick of it now, but you really do need this to make it Christmas.

Hollywood assured that.

EVERY Christmas movie created seems to involve snow in some shape of form.

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS

Where are we without those nuts who go completely over the top?! 


Gotta love em.

I'm not that crazy...

Okay. Rephrase. 

I don't decorate my house that much.

Hate lying to you guys you see. I am NUTS.

SONGS

My top 20 Christmas Songs:

Slade - Merry Christmas Everybody
Mariah Carey - All i want for Christmas is you
Wizzard - Wish it could be Christmas Everday
Dean Martin - Let it Snow! Let is Snow! Let it Snow!
Mel & Kim - Rockin' around the Christmas Tree
The Pogues - Fairytale of New York (Because what other Holiday song would get away with saying "You scumbag, you faggot?")
Jackson 5 - Santa Claus is coming to town
Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby
Bing Cosby - Winter Wonderland
Perry Como - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Brenda Lee - Jingle Bell rock
Andy Williams - It's the most wonderful time of the year
Luther Vandross - Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Wham! - Last Christmas
Hurts - All I want for Christmas is New years day
McFly - Deck the halls
John Lennon - Happy Christmas (War is over)
Band aid - Do they know it's Christmas time
U2 - Baby please come home
Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmas time

But, to make it REALLY feel like Christmas, you only need one thing:

FRIENDS AND FAMILY

Because what are we without our loved ones?

So, here's hoping you and your loved ones have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hope the big guy is good to you ;)

Oodles of love,

Lauren xxx

P.S. Merry Christmas Eve!