Wednesday, December 1, 2010

IT'S A SNOW DAY! (but in case you get bored...)

Good morning world!


It's a snow day, so I'm officially just chilling (No pun intended) in bed, surfing the internet and generally just having a lazy day.


I'll tell you what's happened today so far anyways.


I got up (always a good place to start) and was slowly trudging along with my morning routine, you know, eating breakfast, brushing teeth, getting dressed etc. and by the time I had finished, the time was  7.40.


So I phoned the school's emergency number to see if the school was shut, Mr Whyte's recorded voice came on.


"Due to significant snow fall..."

Yeessssssss...



"The school will be operating on it's lunch..."

*slams phone down*


Words were screamed at the phone, let's just leave it at that.


Braved the elements and went out of the house (it was snowing. Again. Big suprise) and got to the bus stop.


The traffic was ridiculous. It was going at a snail's pace, just a huge mass of smoke coming from the exhaust pipes and the occasional squeal of a tire caught in snow. 


We were FREEZING. Linzie made this cute little squeek because a snowflake went into her eye.


I whapped out my wand (as you do) and tried to stop the snow by saying "Snowius Stopius"


Didn't work. Must have the wrong spell. Or the wand broke. Unsure which one.


That might be Latin in all honesty...


ANYWAYS, the snow was pretty heavy by this point, and Linzie, John and Kelman were beginning to look like snowmen/snowwomen.


And my bag was open... so had to force that closed.


Then this man, this absolute legend of a man, rolled down his window and shouted "School's off" (okay, that wasn't what he said but it was along those lines)


Waited for confirmation from Kelman's Dad, got it, hopped up and down three times and then went our seperate ways.


I waited for Ashleigh, who was actually on her way to school, but someone on the bus got the text and around about three quarters of the bus piled out. And you know what?

The 5th years were the happiest to be off.



I walked Ashleigh to the Cove Dental surgery. I would have walked further but the truth is, I had lost all feeling in my fingers.


We Jumped into a big pile of untouched snow too, bliss! (Simple pleasures in life)


Anyway, that been my day so far! What about yours?


Just thought I'd try and add some links/stories/pictures for those who are pretty bored right now.


1. http://www.fmylife.com/ 


Schadenfreude, the German word for feelings of pleasure over the misfortune of others, springs to mind here.


Some great stories here, my favourites at the moment are
‎"Today, I managed to not think too much about how alone I feel living in a strange city, and I went out to find a quiet place to write and eat. After I ordered my meal, I saw that I was the only diner that was sitting alone at a table. Then 'All By Myself' came on the radio. FML"
"Today, I got punched in the back by elderly woman because she thought I was mocking the way she walked as I passed her. I was walking funny because I have a brace-boot on my foot due to the fact that it got run over. FML"
"Today, I had drunk sex with a girl that I barely know. I didn't have a condom and was nervous about getting her pregnant, but she assured me that I could pull out. Right when I was about to pull out, she wrapped her legs around me and yelled : "BE MY BABY'S DADDY!" I couldn't get out in time. FML"
"Today, I saw a video of me last night, hammered, climbing my wardrobe screaming "I WANT TO GO TO NARNIA" naked. FML"
2. Hayley William's blog


Actually epic, she posts little pictures and videos, updates daily most of the time, it's so cute ^_^


http://yelyahwilliams.tumblr.com/



3. Myke Black's new video


It's a cover of "Walking on sunshine", which he totally makes his own.


This guy is awesome. He's so down to earth and it hurts me that so many people have never heard of him.


He has got a new album out, His first album might I add?


By new, I do mean a few months old but hasn't hit the charts yet (sadly) but you can buy it from iTunes 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh6SCONaGdA


4. Everyone is getting set for Christmas, have you done your Christmas shopping yet?

NO!? Then try http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/, awesome little gadgets and quirky stuff to give people :)



5. Go to starbucks (if you can get to it) and get a Toffee Nut latte. You know Christmas is on it's way when you start seeing the red cups around town.


Okay. Think of any other good things to do on a snow day?


Lauren xxx