Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Inception



I've always been a little critical of Christopher Nolan's movies, not because I think they are bad but because I just haven't felt they lived up to the hype they seemed to generate ( especially The Dark Knight ).

Now along comes Nolan's latest movie Inception and again he's declared a genius and the movie is supposed to be one of the most amazing things to come out of Hollywood in years and this time it's almost true, Inception is a pretty good movie, it really is, I was a little disappointed with the end of the movie because it was the obvious thing to do with this type of film but despite that it was well worth watching.

There is one thing that confuses me, I'd heard that Inception was hard to understand and that the plot was confusing, I can only assume most of the people watching the movie weren't paying attention since they characters were constantly explaining what they were doing and why along with the consequences of their actions, if that was truly hard to follow then I suspect the viewers weren't paying any attention to the dialog spoken by the characters, it all seemed pretty straight forward, at least to me.

Inception is a movie I'd highly recommend and if Christopher Nolan manages to keep producing movies of this quality them his work will be something to look forward to for some time.