Sunday, August 12, 2012

Wing Yip Centre 榮業行 - Purley Way, Croydon

I travelled a long distance to get to Wing Yip! Well I took 2 buses just sitting there with my MP3 player on... It's about an hour plus journey from where I live (but it depends on when the bus decides to come!). When I got off the 154 bus at Fiveways, I almost forgot the way to the place (only because I went via two different routes on two previous occasions!)...
Wing Yip Centre

Wing Yip is very different to China (well obviously). It's everything rolled into one! One restaurant, one supermarket, a Chinese kawaii store, agencies / business centre upstairs and a parking lot (which I think is dangerous for pedestrians as there's no pavement for us journey makers).
Adverts of what's inside



Wing Yip opening times

The Restaurant - 大同大酒褸

Taipan Chinese Bakery - 大班餅家

Going upstairs to the business area and other parts...

I went all the way to Wing Yip to try and find frozen prawn cheung fun - but they didn't have any! T_T So disappointed at my misfortune. In the supermarket, there are aisles and aisles of food, and a warehouse like area where they sell all the bulky stuff...
Inside Wing Yip Supermarket

But thankfully in the Chinese kawaii store New Times City they sell things that I was looking for!! (^_^)b

New Times City Shop - I love it!!!

My USB fan for £4.50

Hello Kitty vacuum flask for £12.99 ^_^

So not a complete disappointment by travelling all the way there! It's a place where people around the deep south would travel to instead of going to China Town (and I travel there to go to the Chinese kawaii shop ^_^).


Website: http://www.wingyip.com/index.php
Buses: 119, 154, 157, 289 (Get off at Fiveways)
Nearest Station: Waddon Station


View Larger Map