Saturday, August 11, 2012

Forbidden Planet - London Shaftesbury Avenue

My 100th post! 

Coz I'm a geek I must know some geeky shops around London right? Yes that's right!! (^_^)v ... For me Forbidden Planet, which is located in Shaftesbury Avenue (on the other side of China Town) is one of the most geekiest shops in London!! Comic fans may disagree and call it a comic shop, but nah, it's a geek shop... Forbidden Planet used to be located in New Oxford Street (that's how long I've been a fan of theirs :P) but I think due to the increasing amount of customers and the little space they were in, they moved to a bigger venue - which was just around the corner. That was many years ago...

Forbidden Planet in Shaftesbury Avenue

Window display - Dr Who figurines

Another window display of ... ?

I really love this place... They have a big lower ground floor which is full of comics and manga, and the ground floor has all the toys and figurines (sorry I didn't take any pictures of the inside). One main reason I tend to go in there is to buy manga or birthday gifts for my geeky sci-fi fanatic friends (hope he doesn't read this blog!). So here's my birthday gift to one of my friends (Mr Games)...
A talking Dalek and a Playstation with sweets inside

Dr Who T-Shirt

I know I was there for gift shopping, but I couldn't help myself in getting a Hello Kitty item ¬_¬"
Hello Kitty earphone clip 

So if you're in London, and you really need to find a comic / manga store and you're in the area, go and experience Forbidden Planet... There's also one in South Croydon and some around the UK!

Website: http://forbiddenplanet.com/


View Larger Map