Sunday, August 12, 2012

Of Beast and Man Pt 3

In this edition of Beast and Man, I'm going to show you guys how I did the fur. I decided to try something different and what I hope will be unique. In the Forces of Warmachine: Retrubution of Scyrah book, there's a guide for painting platinum blonde hair. While I didn't quite get it to look like the book, I think I punched out a unique look.
Here were the steps I took:

  1. Basecoat of Menoth White + Trollblood Highlight
  2. Add Turquoise Ink to previous mix and shade. 
  3. Shade with Bastion Grey
  4. Highlight with basecoat + Menoth White Highlight. 

I think the problem that I had was putting too much of Steps 2 & 3. The shades are supposed to go into the crevices between the strands of hair, and I don't believe that I did it right. The final highlight saved the fur I think, showing off the strands of fur. While not quite how I had thought it would go, I like what I ended up with. I'm not sure what my fellow bloggers are doing for their beastmen, but I hope that Sir Goat stands out. Until next time.