Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mountain King Commission

Alright, so one of our local Press Ganger's picked up a Mountain King at Lock n' Load.  He asked me if I wanted to paint it for him... I gladly accepted.  I was given an extra blister of troll whelps and asked to include them on the model.  I was also asked to base the model real cool like.  Other than those two instructions I was basically given free reign on this guy.

I'll have to say that this guy was a huge undertaking and was a source of a few frustrations.  Trying to paint a model this big with a brush alone makes for long days, especially basecoating :P  However, even with all of the frustrations I'll have to say that I learned a bit about painting massive models, and enjoyed painting this guy. 

Here's to hoping he enjoys his new toy. (on a side note... this was probably one of the hardest models to photograph ever. Bleh!)






So there ya have it.  The Mountain King!!  One of the coolest Gargantuan/Colossals released thus far from PP.

Thanks for watching!

-Grim