Thursday, April 5, 2012

Rules to live by

"Cherish friends and family, Believe that anything is possible, Accept everyone for who they are, Choose your attitude, Think happy, Remember your manners, Forgive and forget, Always challenge yourself, Never sweat the small stuff, Remember that tomorrow is a new day, Keep your home tidy (you never know who might pop in), Never worry how others may judge you, Exude confidence, Seize the day, Always kiss goodbye, Believe that wishes come true, No regrets, Dream big, Plan adventures, Love, Be grateful, Accept that sometimes life is not fair, Always think positively and laugh lots."
Saw this adorable 'Rules to live by' print today and felt compelled to blog about it.


Maybe it's just me (which is likely, I've always been a bit of an odd duck), but whenever I come close to making a big life decision, I get very sentimental and begin to evaluate my life. For example, what have I achieved in my life? What would I have done differently if I had the chance to do it all over again? Have I treated the people in my life properly?


I'm only seventeen. Life confuses me... constantly. I don't understand why people can't just get along with one another. I don't understand why people don't follow their dreams. And I sure as hell don't understand what I have done to be surrounded by so many amazing people. 


One thing I do understand is that life throws you curve balls, all the time. And you won't always be able to hit them straight back. It's something that you've got to accept. But just know that there is not a single thing that life can throw at you that you cannot recover from. We all have the ability to take the deepest sorrows and the most heartbreaking of tragedies and make them into something beautiful, something inspiring, something more. Art, music, films, literature, poetry... they are all born from the extremities of life. Be they good or bad. 


I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I've lived a terrible life filled with terrible experiences, for I haven't. I've been surrounded by love and inspirational people from my first breath on this crazy blue planet of ours. I'm just saying that no matter who you are, what you've been through or where you come from, there is always something that you can do to improve your life, and others around you. 


Don't be afraid to be different, or to show your affection for the ones you love, share your knowledge and your positivity with others, don't hold grudges because hate gets you nowhere in life and, if all else fails, remember that each new day brings you a world of opportunities to turn it all around.


Seize the day guys, life is too short to do anything else.


Lauren xxx