Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fabergé egg hunt - The Eggstravaganza

And nooow the end is near, 
And so I face the final curtain,
My friend I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case of which I'm certain...

I've lived a life that's full, 
I've travelled each and every highway,
And more, much more than this,
I did it myyyyyyyyyyyy waaaaaaaaaaaay!

Aaaah, Frank Sinatra, this song was in my head whilst I travelled from work to Covent Garden today. Heheheh. I can't believe it's almost over. 

Today was the start of the final display - The Eggstravaganza - in Covent Garden before many of them get sold off and go to their new homes - don't forget this is all for charity! Lucky I got there before the rain started...

My first glimpse at the eggs in Covent Garden ^^ 
So many eggs in the arcade ^^ And look, the BlackRock Asian egg is there too! 

Loads and loads of people!

Loads of people having a look at the eggs!

I finally got some of the eggs that I couldn't find (but I think I'm still missing some...). Some were locked inside a room. Oh well!









Egg and Soldiers

Wally, I got you again!! - Third time lucky 
So many eggs... But I'm still missing 28 eggs!! Did I mention that I love eating eggs too! Scrambled egg, fried egg, omelettes, Chinese style omelettes, boiled eggs... and also Chocolate Easter eggs!!!! :D 

The one egg that I really, really, REALLY wanted to see was the Chapman Brothers egg. I have not seen a picture of that one yet! :(


Don't forget they'll be there until the 9th April 2012. Happy Early Easter ^^


Update 07/04/2012

So I went again yesterday (after going to a couple of museums - posts soon to come) and I got another 4 eggs!!