Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Just a quick note

[Disclaimer: Title may be misleading]


I feel as though all of my rants, however aimless and ridiculous they may seem, have one main interest at heart:


Everyone's mental well-being.


I've never professed to change society, or to make the world a better place. My only aim with these blog posts is to educate and to make you think about important issues. 


All I want is for my friends (that absolutely includes you!) to live life happily, with no regrets and no pressure to be something that they are not.


I don't want people resorting to extreme situations in order to cope with day to day life.


I hate seeing people upset over their physical appearance just because a movie or an advert convinced them that they have to look a certain way to be deemed 'beautiful'.




And I certainly hate it when it feels as though no-one has a nice word to say about... well... anybody.


So, just incase you're having a crappy day...


Here's three facts about yourself that you should never, ever forget:

  • Your individuality is your best quality and should be treated as such. People who don't understand that are not worthy of being in your life.
  • You are beautiful, no matter what anyone else says. Believe that, because it's true.
  • You have the ability to change the world, if you want to. Just have faith in yourself.
And another thing to remember...

If you refuse to accept those three, simple facts? You better bet your ass that I'll be knocking down your door to sit down with you and tell you the same three things over and over again, until you can't believe that you ever thought them to be lies. 

Lauren xxx