Saturday, May 21, 2011

The woes of a Nolan Groupie.

Just discovered that the final movie of Nolan's Batman trilogy is going to be filming some of it's scenes in Scotland.


As a fan of Nolan, Batman and speaking as a Scottish resident, this news makes me go like this:


And if I wasn't 17 and starting to grow old and wary of my bones breaking, I'd also do this:

Actually, I might do that.
After taking an overdose on paracetemol.

...

Don't take that as a suicidal statement, it wasn't. Relax.

As said, BATMAN IS COMING TO SCOTLAND!!

So excited.

I tried to inform my Mum of this:
ME: THE DARK KNIGHT RISES IS COMING TO SCOTLAND!!
MUM: That's nice *blank expression*
ME: ... NOLAN IS COMING TO SCOTLAND!
MUM: ... Is that... good?
ME: ... *grabs "Inception" and "The Dark Knight" DVD's* NOLAN!! *points at DVD's*
I was having extreme difficulty articulating a reason for my excitement. Pointing and going "foruypoxdt!!!!" seemed to be a reasonable reaction at this point.
MUM: Oh! Is that your director?
ME: Yes!! The sequel to this film *holds up DVD of "The Dark Knight"* will have scenes filmed in Scotland... the last in the trilogy... the last sequel in Nolan's Batman Trilogy, will be filmed in Scotland!! I need to go. I don't know when it is, or where they are filming, but I need to go. Nolan will be there... Christian Bale might be there! It's the last Batman!!
MUM: ... This is all going over my head.
ME: Batman: Good! No... Nolan's Batman? GOOD! Nolan? GOOD! Christian Bale *draws a circle around Batman with finger*
MUM: Bad?
ME: GOOD GOOD!
MUM: Good good?!
ME: Good good!!
Confessions of a film geek:


People very rarely understand what I'm talking about when I discuss movies with them. It saddens me. But I guess I am here to educate you on pop culture. Deal with it.


Speaking of "The Dark Knight Rises"... Have you seen it's primary villian?


Tom Hardy is Bane!

Very "Silence of the lambs"-esque picture there. 

For those who don't know who Bane is, he's one of Batman's most powerful foes: Both intellectually and phsyically.

I doubt he'll be able to match Heath Ledger... But I'm looking forward to seeing what Nolan can accomplish next!!

Lauren xxx