Thursday, May 19, 2011

Oh dear, Shakespeare

I wish Shakespeare kitteh stole my Macbeth >_<

The English exam went....not as well as expected.

There were several factors that added to this outcome:
  1. We were shoved in a newly re-decorated room, that smelt like General George. (NOTE: General George is a business that sells carpets. I am saying that the room smells like new carpets, not a military leader named George)
  2. The examiners kept going in and out of said room. I think they went out at least twenty times in the four hours we were sitting that exam. Kept losing my train of thought.
  3. I was completely zonked on paracetamol and piriton... 
+
=

Just don't take those two together. I was way to calm and "out of it".

And as a result?

I didn't finish the close reading. That really annoyed me because I'm usually totally in the zone when it comes to close reading. ARGH.

The other thing that threw me?

The second passage was written by this guy...

Who looks like he's possessed.

To point out why Boris Johnstone was a ridiculous choice for the SQA to make for an "intellectual" writer, I've included some BoJo quotes:
"Voting Tory will cause your wife to have bigger breasts and increase your chances of owning a BMW M3."
"I think I was once given cocaine but I sneezed so it didn't go up my nose. In fact, it may have been icing sugar." 
"My chances of being PM are about as good as the chances of finding Elvis on Mars, or my being reincarnated as an olive."
"Yes, cannabis is dangerous, but no more than other perfectly legal drugs. It's time for a rethink, and the Tory party - the funkiest, most jiving party on Earth - is where it's happening."
Yes! Let us condone drug use. Brilliant example to set there Boris.


Megan cheered me up though, went round to hers for Dinner and to watch "Fight Club" and play some Assassin's creed.


Brilliant night to balance out the rubbish day.


Thanks Megan!


Lauren xxx