Sunday, February 19, 2012

I think there's a monster...

I think there's a monster, trapped within my skull, nestled in behind my eyes, waiting for the right time to strike.


Like a child cowering underneath his blanket, terrified of the demons that lurks under his bed, I cannot put my fears into words, or at least, I cannot put my fears into words that an adult mind could possibly comprehend.


The monster is like my shadow. It's me... only darker. A mere shade of a being. It needs my thoughts to survive. I need its companionship to feel secure. But even then, I am aware that something is missing. The monster that once resided in my head has moved residence to my heart, and it threw out all of its contents... now it just lays bare.


It may be empty, but hey, at least it's home.


I know this monster is a destructive force, but at least it's there for me.
I know it hates me, but at least it cares.


It's been a bad night... Can you tell?