Monday, July 4, 2011

Sun, books and Paramore.

Okay... maybe it's not the ingredients to a fantastic Summer (unless Paramore were playing in the U.K. again, then I'd say it's the perfect Summer) but that was exactly how I spent last Wednesday afternoon.


When was the last time you just went out into your garden/local park and lay on the grass, soaking up the sunshine?


It's a great feeling!


Throw your favourite band and a good book in the mix and you have yourself a wonderful day.


I was reading the book my English teacher lent to me, "Vernon God Little". Awesome book! 

I hardly ever laugh out loud when it comes to books, but DBC Pierre has a very comical way of writing that seems to tap directly into my sense of humor:

"My ole lady attempted suicide. Pam called secretly to ask me to be more encouraging about Lally, and the fridge and all. She said Mom closed up the house one day, turned the oven on full, and sat by its open door. Apparently, it's still a cry for help, even though our oven's electric."
There was a lot more than that, however, I just read that bit a few hours ago and it's still fresh in my mind.


On the music side of thing, I was listening to a lot more than just Paramore, although, as always, they dominated my playlist.


And as a huge fan of Summer playlists, there's no other way to end the blog than to post this:


Top ten songs to Sunbathe to
 (Yes, I'm seriously away to do this list)
  1. Naive by the Kooks
  2. Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers
  3. Hard to beat by Hard-Fi
  4. Over by Zarif
  5. Ain't no party by Orson
  6. Jerk It Out by The Caesars
  7. I'm yours by Jason Mraz
  8. Bright Idea by Orson
  9. Vessels by Butch Walker
  10. Eat that up, it's good for you by Two Door Cinema Club
Just friendly suggestions, the songs above totally mellowed me out.

Go ahead Megan...

0.17.
Megan always jokes with me that if I had an 
entrance theme song... that would be it.

Lauren xxx

P.S. Notice the lack of subjects? Yeah... the one period I was forced to spend in school didn't provide me with any suitable material to place on the blog. That's how boring Wednesday's are.