Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keep your strawberries, I want your meringues.

vs.
C'mon. You know meringues are better.


I had my fifth driving lesson today. 


It's going good!


And by "going good", I mean I haven't


a) Killed a pedestrian
b) Flattened a small animal or
c) Crashed into a car



So far, so good!

It's all thanks to my wonderful instructor (and no, I'm not just saying that because he's my Uncle) Rob.

So if there's any Aberdonian learners out there... get in contact with me. I'll give you his number.

Enough with shameless, non-self promotion!

Went out to New Deer to visit my Auntie, Uncle and cousins after that.

My Auntie's house is so clean, I swear, It's like a show house! So gorgeous. But you know the feeling of not wanting to mess up a relative's house when your round? You know, the feeling that compels you to dab your hands dry on their hand towel to ensure that you don't crinkle them and makes you desperate to return doors to their original position after walking through them. Well... times that feeling by a hundred and that's what you feel like when you are visiting my Auntie's house.

Don't get me wrong, she's not pretentious and she's certainly not a slob, but she's house-proud. Something I'm certainly not used to! 

I love my Auntie and Uncle. Seriously, as far as relatives go, they are two of the best you could ask for! They always know what to say during awkward silences, especially my Auntie. That's a skill. The dreaded awkward silence is almost impossible to avoid during 90% of social interactions (Scientific fact bro') so anyone that can keep them under control have instantly earned my love and respect.

We had a good yap, we saw one of my cousins, Kellie (she's an absolute gem, I swear!), we ate, and then we went home.

It was a good day. I need more of those days, my family are spread out all over Scotland... I wish I got to see them more...

Oh! The blog title!

We were fed meringues, strawberries, ice-cream and jelly for desert. 

I don't know where they get them from, but those meringues are the best I've ever tasted. 

Now that I've got your juices flowing (or, at the very least, your salivary glands working) I think that's my cue to sign off.

Later! Hope you all had a great day.

Lauren xxx