Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sexy ass bass!

My new bass!

What is it they say? One man's junk is another man's treasure?

I think I just proved that to be true.

Picked this little beauty up for £59.99 at Cash-Converters down beside wowzies.

Any potential bassists may also be interested in a black bass with a sparkly, white inlay for the bargain price of....

Well... It was under £75. Awesome value!

The boy in the shop let me hold it and I fell in love with it, right there and then.
ME: I'll take it!
SHOP ASSISTANT: Sorry, you can't have it.... I already own it.
Don't lie to me boy!

I've been wanting a bass for a while now, and after Lucas kindly loaned me his sexy cherry red bass (thank you Lucas, you absolute hero!) it's only intensified my desire to own one.

Badda-bing, badda boom. Bought one for a ridiculously low price in less than five minutes.

I've even named him.

With the help of my twitter friends...

His name is.... Jeremy Button.

Confused? 
Don't blame you.

Allow me to elaborate.

The first name, Jeremy, was chosen because Jeremy Davis (Paramore's bassist... duh!) is the main reason I ventured into bass playing in the first place. 

The first song I learnt to play on bass was Misery business. Since then, I've went onto learn some other Paramore songs:
  • Ignorance
  • I caught myself
  • That's what you get
  • Monster 
  • Brick by boring brick.
What can I say? They have awesome bass riffs.

So Jeremy had to be his first name. 

Love you Jerm.

Button.

Taylor York's new nickname.

Taylor's just adorable.

Someone suggested Button and I said "YES."

Not much more to it!

I had to carry Jeremy Button home with me, so after nearly knocking out several bus passengers with him on the way home, I was looking forward to a nice, relaxing ride home.

Then a screaming child got on the bus.

You know, the one thing you DON'T want to get on your bus.

Sorry.
 One of the things you don't want to get 
on your bus.

And she screamed...

The whole...

Way home...
MUM: You never screamed like that.
ME: Didn't I? *smugly smiles* That's good parenting that.
MUM: We would have left you on the bus if you did that.
ME: ... Spoke too soon about the good parenting.
MUM: Can't take it back now. 
As the bus journey carried on, the comments got more hostile.
MUM: The good news is she won't be able to speak tomorrow because her throat will be sore...
You KNOW you've thought that when a screaming kid has been on your bus before, but no-one has the guts to say it.
ME: *after fifteen minutes on the bus* I was hoping that they lived in Torry...
MUM: Me too!
Bonding over annoyance.


How lovely.


Lauren xxx