Thursday, July 18, 2013

Thames Indian - London Waterloo

Going to Belgium and back to London in less than 24 hours was incredibly exhausting! And by time we got to our almost final destinations (our own homes) we had to eat dinner. Miss Pinky wanted Indian, I didn't mind, and final decision was left to Master H. It was Indian food in the end... So we went to Miss Pinky's favourite Indian restaurant, the Thames Indian based in London Waterloo. She always goes here when she has the chance... I've grown to like it too. How many times have I been there? About 4 or 5 times in the past few years... (I promise I do eat at home, but I seem to eat out a lot these days!!)... Just before we went in I think a couple of Londoners thought we were tourists as we blocked this woman and her partner going into the kebab next door, she gave me that tut tut look (the glimpse over of like "pee off")... I assure you I am not a tourist in London. Just one Londoner that's better than some! (My fume is now over!!).

So here we are, I didn't take a picture of the inside or outside, I was absolutely exhausted, but I seemed to manage to take pictures of the food except for the poppadoms which are served with 4 different toppings / sauces. Heheh. 

I wanted duck, so I ordered the duck jalfrezi with special fried rice. It's a 2 chilli dish and it's mega hot! Thankfully I had a beer with my dinner otherwise I don't think I would have survived even with the air con on!! Oh the special fried rice was good too! It wasn't greasy and very tasty too. :)
Duck Jalfrezi - 2 chillies!!


Special Fried Rice... good for an Indian Restaurant!
Master H wanted special fried rice but with king size prawns (he got the smaller ones)... and he needed to order a curry with it. The waiter suggested a prawn or vegetarian biryani for him... (which he didn't eat). Secretly I think Master H likes Chinese food more than Indian, but wanted to keep her sister a little happy that evening. 
Biryani... I think it's vegetarian


Master H's special Special Fried Rice. It's with additional prawns
I forgot what Miss Pinky wanted... but this is her dish... was it a lamb and spinach dish? I can't remember!! And she had plain white rice with it... I think you'll get bored of me taking pictures of the white rice (well only because Miss Pinky started digging in before I could take it!)... ^_^""
A lamb and spinach dish I think!


Can you see Miss Pinky has almost finished her beer, and is quickly eating!! I haven't even started mine yet!! ¬,¬"
Phew!! Dinner over!! Overall, I love curry, and I'm always happy to eat in an authentic Indian restaurant... There was an Indian family sitting behind us who weren't pleased with one of the dishes... Too sweet they said... Well authentic or out of the ordinary dish this place is still a good restaurant... There are many Indian restaurants I have seen with no customers in it at all in South London, and this one always has a customer!! ^_^

Total cost came up to £48 something (Miss Pinky tried to confuse me with the final bill, I think she wanted to split it in half, and I think I was supposed to give her £5, but she asked for £10! Huh?!!! .... I took the change in the end:P ... Or maybe I should have paid £10, and then given her £10. Is that what she wanted me to do?).

My geeky rating: 4.5/5 (Miss Pinky would give this place 5/5 for sure!).

Good points:
- Polite service
- Tasty food and I think it is authentic... probably more for the British taste??
- Very near to Waterloo Station
- Reasonable pricing for 3 people!

Bad points:
- Tables are a bit squished together leaving less room for people to get in and out of their seat, but I understand it's to get a high turnover...
- Food was a bit slow getting to the table


Address: 79 Waterloo Rd, London, SE1 8UD ‎
Telephone: 020 7928 0909



View Larger Map