Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Good Day!!

I started my day with some LOTRO play before heading out to Burbank and picking up one of my favorite people in the world, Chris. He was flying in for the long extended Fourth of July weekend. He's flight got in around 4pm.. I waited for him at the baggage claim and as soon as I saw him walking up I had to go over and give him a big hug and he return the hug by squeezing me even tighter. It was a good hug, lasted a few minutes. I miss this guy so much even though we talk via facebook, skype, google almost everyday, it's not the same as having him here in person.

We decided to avoid traffic back to my place and instead went to Gordon Biersch for some late lunch/dinner. Afterwards we went over to the AMC theater and watched Monsters University. I've been wanting to see this movie since it came out. Loved Monsters Inc and knew I would just love Monsters University and I did. It was fun seeing how these two guys became best friends. Young Mikey is adorable and reminds me of me when I was young (always the smallest and no one ever paid attention to me). I enjoyed the story, it was funny, touching, and had a lot of heart. Is it better then the first one. I don't think so, the first one if a classic and this one can become a classic with more viewings. It's diffidently a hit and I can't wait to pick it up on blu-ray and watch it again and again. I give Monsters University a solid A.

After the movie we headed back to my place but first picked up some food for breakfast and some snacks. We hung out for a few more hours before calling it a night.. we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow.. should be a blast.