Sunday, March 3, 2013

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles




Last night I watched the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie on Blu-ray, I hadn't seen the movie in ages, I always think of all three of the live action movies in this franchise as being pretty weak completely forgetting the first film is actually pretty good but after the first film the quality in the series quickly foes from bad to worse.

Now I'm not by any means saying this film is a classic but it is cheesy fun and you can't have pizza ( well I guess you could but who would want to ) without cheese.

The Blu-ray is a no frills affair and the picture and sound quality is pretty good considering the age of the film but then I got all three of the live action films for a mere $10 so I really can't complain.

A fun little story, I saw Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles during it's original theatrical run and that's where I met the woman I would eventually marry, now 20 plus years later I've seen it on Blu-ray for the first time and I'm in the process of divorcing her - life can throw you some funny little quirks sometimes.