Friday, March 1, 2013

Fowey, Cornwall - Day 2 (Part 3/3): Sam's Bistro

Day 2 ends with food!! ^_^

After tea, Miss Pinky and I found ourselves drinking at the Yacht Club... The prices are cheap in there... We weren't sure with the Cornwall Cyder Rattlers... 6% alcoholic levels! Wow. Don't see cider with that amount of alcohol in it in London...

Anyway, afterwards, we were very, very hungry! We were advised by my colleague who we saw at the Yacht Club that we should try out one of the bistros in the area. We first looked at Sam's Bistro and then had a look at the other Bistro next door. In the end we both decided to go for Sam's Bistro! Looked friendly, cheap and buzzing with people! :D
Sam's Bistro


Menu Cover


Sitting upstairs


Nice pictures!
We sat upstairs where there's a cocktail bar for people to wait for a table, but thankfully we were there before a rush of people came in!

We both wanted seafood and we definitely had seafood! :D So for starters I had the Red Mullet Tempura... Really fresh fish! I like!
Red Mullet Tempura
And can you guess what Miss Pinky had??
Mussels!! 
Yep. It's mussels AGAIN!!!!! They were fresh but I didn't like the sauce much. It was too runny... I think I prefer a slightly thicker sauce.

Then next for the main courses, I had Fish and Chips with mushy peas. Oh my! It's big! Mushy peas were awesome. Chips tasted like they were from Burger King, and the battered fish was excellent! Really fresh and no bad seafood taste and smell... :D
Tasty fish and chips ^^
Miss Pinky had the seabass... Wow! She really loved this. It was something that she felt she could eat and would finish off. And yes it was tasty with the pickled veg it came with! Truly delicious. Miss Pinky was very happy!!
Seabass ^^
If I ever come to Fowey again, I think I would dine here a lot!!

Total cost came to £48.10. Not bad. Not bad at all! I think if I had all of this in London I think it would've cost an extra £10 or so...

My geeky rating: 5/5

Good points:
- Nice friendly service
- Good food and fresh seafood ^_^
- Not too expensive
- Very, very filling!!!

Bad points:
- None at all!

Address: 20 Fore St, Fowey, Cornwall PL23 1AQ
Telephone: 01726 832273



View Larger Map

Day 3: http://asimplegeekylife.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/fowey-cornwall-day-3-walk-roast-and.html