Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Dublin - Day 1 (Part 2) - Pifko Pub and Musashi Japanese Restaurant

Day 1 seemed like a very long day... So after the Guinness Tour, we finally became very exhausted (Miss Pinky hadn't slept for more than 12 hours! I thankfully had 4 hours sleep) and we were both famished... So we went to a pub run by Czechs in the end, and ate like mad people! O_o 
Outside Pifko Pub


Inside Pifko Pub - it started getting busy


Inside Wall Graffiti

Miss Pinky ordered a Czech speciality. Deep fried pork and wedges - Schnitzel "Rizek".

Deep fried pork and wedges
I had the Classic Burger with wedges... It was definitely 100% beef, and it looked like a burger from Gourmet Burger Kitchen!
My Classic Burger and wedges
There was an Irish family sitting next to us, and the mother of the family was complaining that the chips were too well done... I thought they looked absolutely crispy and fine to eat. Miss Pinky was giving the cold stare (thankfully she was not fully awake yet... otherwise there would be words from her!)...

My geeky rating: 5/5


***

Afterwards, both of us were full and sleepy, so we went back to the hostel, checked in, found our room and shockingly found 2 sets of bunk beds (when I actually booked online a twin en-suite room!). Uh. Not what I expected...

***

After having two to three hours sleep and being interrupted noisily by our neighbours next door, Miss Pinky and I went out to find dinner... We both found that being in Dublin was like being in Amsterdam! But in this case, there's only one long river instead of four round dams.

Outside Musashi ^^
It took us a while that evening to find something to eat as we didn't know the area very well, but we finally came across this Japanese restaurant...

It seems very popular with the locals and the restaurant itself is actually run by Chinese people as I heard them speaking in Mandarin (but I wonder if the chefs are Japanese). Anyway, we ordered the following food...

Miss Pinky wanted the tempura set, but knowing her sooooo well I knew she wouldn't finish it because the batter will fill her up...

Tempura set
I ordered the Musashi Ramen soup... It was bloody good... Loved the soup and the prawns!!

Musashi Ramen Soup ^^
And Miss Pinky ordered the Chicken Katsu Curry...

Chicken Katsu Curry!
I found this place a little expensive compared to London prices. But it was well worth the experience. If you want to eat there make sure you book a table. Miss Pinky and I were very lucky as one cancelled their table! Woohoo!!

My geeky rating: 4.5/5 (because of the pricing)


And finally here's a picture of River Liffey at night ^^
River Liffey at night ^_^